Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Question Answered

Eddie,

I wanted to go take look at this area (Tennoiwa)since it is so close. Is it pretty easy to find? I have biked in that area, so I know how to get there. Is the climbing area easy to find? I would really appreciate any info you could give me, I would love to find a close place to climb.

Thanks,

Rob Poole


Rob,


Yes I think it is very easy to find. You are a member of MP so I am assuming that you have gone to my Japan page there. I added a Tennoiwa section there with an easy to follow description. There are many places to climb near by instead of Tenno. Tenno area is generally used guided trips. What I mean by this is that there are usually a boat load of folks that are there. The other reason I would steer clear is due to the parking situation. The fishing club down the street owns the parking areas near by. If you do choose to climb there I would recommend parking at the farthest parking area to minimize climber-fishing club conflict. Many Japanese climbers choose not to climb here because of this issue. Like I said though, there are many places to climb close to Yokota base, id est within 30 to 40 mins. I am always going to many of these areas, so let me know if you need more information than this. I am writing the only English guide right now to a few of these areas. I can let you know when I have it finished. Until then let me know of anything else you want to know and see you at the crag!!


Thanks,

Eddie

This is a photo of one section of the lower wall. I have more information up on the Japan Mountain Project page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment